If you notice fire or smoke development and no siren has yet been activated:
- Immediately call the internal emergency number 059/56 98 00 or 0491/96 60 83
- Activate the fire alarm by using the nearest fire alarm button.
If you notice an advanced fire and no siren has yet been activated:
- Press the nearest fire alarm button.
- Take your own cell phone or the nearest emergency phone and move to a safe distance.
- Immediately notify the fire department at 112. Never hang up, even if you have to wait for a little while.
When making contact, say calmly and clearly:
- who you are,
- where the fire is (InnovOcean Campus building, Jacobsenstraat 1, Ostend, which floor, exact location),
- size and nature of the fire, how much smoke you can see, and if there are any injuries.
- Alert the reception desk via the internal emergency number 059/56 98 00 or 0491/96 60 83. Give a brief status report and tell what steps you have already taken.
- Do not attempt to extinguish a fire without training.
- If you have received fire extinguisher training, try only once to extinguish the fire and only if you do not endanger yourself or your colleagues.
Extinguishing the fire
- Do not try to extinguish a fire if you have not been trained!
- If you have received fire extinguisher training, do not attempt to extinguish the fire more than once. Only try it if you can do so without endangering yourself or your colleagues.